Saturday, August 11, 2007

Busy day....

WOW! Today has been a extremely busy day for me I was up before the rooster crowed this morning to take my husband off to meet with his military unit. They are heading to beautiful Virginia for two weeks of training. I plan on getting a lot done on the house in two weeks! :)



After a nice breakfast our family support group prepared for us the guys were on the bus, I said my goodbyes to my husband and I was off to find some treasures. I was able to find some cute things just calling out my name: a nice vintage tablecloth with some great greens and a bit of yellow, it has some stains but layering will take care of that or possibly a pillow.....then some knives with Bakelite handles ohhh I love finding Bakelite, especially when I can afford it. I also found a few vintage photos for my altered art, I passed a few up so I'll have to go back and get those.
Aren't these little birds cute? I know they're common, but we are birdwatchers and we have so many that visit our backyard, I couldn't resist. The little butter pats I couldn't resist, just in time for fall.

















The rest of the day was devoted entirely to working on the kitchen, sanding and priming. If you notice in my blog title there is a picture on the bottom; that is (was) my eating area of the kitchen. I had not been able to start any changes since we have moved in, it wasn't hideous but the previous owner certainly did like blue, blue is everywhere and wallpaper she had tons of wallpaper! Lots of scraping.


I am hoping to take you on my journey of reinventing my kitchen and small eating area from farmhouse chic to cottage chic.
























4 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

It's already looking wonderful! We're birdwatchers too - so I love those little birds you got! Great finds!

Manuela

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What great finds! We have two birdfeeders and two hummingbird feeders....

I am going to enjoy watching the transformation of your home!

Thanks for visiting my blog :-)
Penny

Kathleen Grace said...

Mmmm, I love the shelves you painted in the kitchen. Looks like it's going to be gorgeous when you are done! I am in the middle of painting my living room, and I am so not looking forward to all the woodwork and the bay window:>( but Iknow i'll be happy with it when I'm done. Thanks for sharing, now I'm going to go work on it!

Cindy said...

Wow, what a difference paint makes! Now that I see that, I really want to paint my kitchen!