Saturday, September 15, 2007

Inspiration from spider bites

I have had a interesting couple of days, the spider bite that I photographed for my 12 of 12's, did not heal this week and I ended up getting cellulitis and severe infection in the area. I am on a strong antibiotic now so hopefully I will be feeling better soon. Consequently my deal with the insects in the house are off! They are all being promptly evicted.

Because of the fever and general flu like symptoms I was unable to get anything done yesterday so I enjoyed the latest Home Companion and Country Victorian magazines. I was specifically looking to find our friend Penny over at Lavender Hill's items that were featured (In case you are like me and not patient enough, they are on pages 45 and 76) Congratulations Penny!

















The new Home Companion is filled with wonderful Fall decorating inspiration. I just love this time of year, maybe because I was born in October a Fall baby but the nesting instinct comes out full force. Just seeing the pictures made me drool *or maybe it was the fever, I'm not sure* but I thought I would share some of the pictures that inspired me:

Isn't this furniture great! I love Carol Hicks Bolton's style, her furniture and fabrics. Mary seems to have featured her quite often throughout the years.



This table and setting is gorgeous and it makes me want to set up outside and invite everyone over *after I get rid of the spiders*

















I just LOVE this picture because my Winston is a Jack Russell and I would love for him to pose for a picture like this, he'd be running up the street. I love the pavers.


The colors in this pictures here are just fabulous, so warm and rich and the simplicity of the wooden bistro chairs are beautiful.


















I am actually grateful that I had the spider bite, it forced me to slow down a bit and I was able to sit and relax for one evening and enjoy my magazines, something I haven't been able to do in quite awhile. It was a perfect night to get inspired.
*muah*

10 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Michelle! Thank you sooo much for mentioning my stuff being in Country Victorian Magazine! You are sooo sweet!

I am sorry about your spider bite! My husband was bit by a brown recluse several years ago and had to have surgery on his foot. Yikes!

I love Home Companion too and you are right, this month is wonderful!
Hugs (get better soon!!)
Penny

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

thos spikder bites can be really really bad, be careful with it!! I was bitten a few years ago and it took weeks to recover from that fluey feeling. I was napping all the time and was on all sorts of steroids, anitbiotics, etc. Luckily, I didn't end up with even the tiniest scar.
did you see what kind of spider it was?

Michelle E. ~ Vintage Pastiche' said...

Thanks ladies :) Unfortunately no I didn't see what bit me, it happened while I was sleeping *which really freaked me out* but they say it was most likely a spider. I stripped my bed but couldn't find anything.

I never thought one little bite could reek this much havok, it's amazing.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Again!
I don't have any paper mache trays, but I have been tempted to buy a few. I do have a aqua floral paper mache round box that I love.

If you see any pink tole trays with flowers, let me know!
Penny

blessings said...

Ooooo, I have to cover my eyes because I just got the new Home Companion and I haven't had the right moment to sit and absorb it all yet. You poor thing with the spider bite! I'm shivery about spiders so I got the "yucks" as soon as you said it. =) I'm sure it'll clear up soon. Men always let things go for forever before seeing a doctor but I'm sure you've gotten antibiotics soon enough. I'll pray. Blessings... Polly

Anonymous said...

Michelle ~ Those pictures are fabulous. Oh my gosh...I need to pick up that magazine. I was wondering, the banner pictures from your blog, are those from your own garden? They are so lovely and very inspiring. Hopefully that nasty spider bite will go away. Poor dear.
Alexandra

Meggie said...

Michelle: Sometimes nature (God, whatever your belief) has a way of slowing us down in order to "smell the roses." In your case, it was a spider bite. So glad the cellulitis is under control...hope it stays that way. I love your autumn photos. The Fall season in Pennsylvania is gorgeous, isn't it?! I, too, live in an old farmhouse and I seem to be nesting now more than ever.

Kathleen Grace said...

I love those magazines too, and I got a kick out of seeing Pennys stuff in them:>) Sorry about your spider bite, I HATE spiders..EEEWWWW! I was bitten by one once too and it actually left a scar. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Darly Dolittle said...

Hullo,
SW Pa. here. Love these photos. What magazine are they from? ME Home Companion? I havent picked up one of those in awhile. I'll have to get on it.
Take good care of your arachnid bite. Cellulitis is nothing to mess with. Now that cold weather is close at hand, wear leotards and long sleeves to bed.
Take care. Thanks for sharing.
Darly

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the new issue of Country Victorian out, but will definitely look out for it to see Penny's amazing stuff! I didn't like this months ME!

Yikes - sorry about the spider bite

Manuela