Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Humingbirds and paint colors...

I must say I have had such a busy last few days, lots going on and hopefully I can share some of the neat stuff that's been happening, by the end of the week. I have so much to post about I could go on and on and on but that would be quite boring. I'll keep it short and sweet. :)




Getting ready for work this morning I walked by the kitchen eating area's window and I noticed our hummingbird making his rounds. We have a couple different hummingbirds but our ruby throated has staked our property as his. He's territorial and chases all the other hummingbirds that try to get a drink. When I saw him I grabbed my camera, the feeder is quite a distance so I have a difficult time getting a good shot, but here he is standing guard over "his" feeder.





....and to jump on over to another topic, I did get all the walls in the kitchen primed and I tested out the "Midday Sun" paint color, I'm leaving it up for a few days to get a feel for it. I think I will end up doing a wash on the wall, I like color washes, they soften up the paint and give the walls depth and that "dreamy" look. When I get to that point I will post pictures and directions on doing color washes.




SO what do you think of the color?


*muahs*



~M












2 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

We have ruby throated hummingbirds too. We put up two feeders on opposite sides of the house to stop the fighting and chasing away - it doesn't help! LOL. There are a couple of hummingbirds that always chase away others. They are so funny to watch.

I love the color....it looks warm and rich.
Penny

Little ol' Me said...

I really like the color, it's a tad intense for my taste - but I think doing the color wash would really make it amazing!

Happy painting!
Tiffany